Sunday, May 8, 2011

31 Days of May-Day 7

Our Saturday adventure! You saw the weather forecast for our weekend. What do you do with such nice weather? (We would have gone to Denver but Paul loaded a train Friday, which means he worked late, sorry Christopher and Savannah.) Instead we decided to go kayaking at Two Buttes Reservoir in Southeast Colorado. See the Two Buttes?
You can't imagine our surprise when this is what we found!
I think the Colorado Parks and Rec needs to update their website. This park no longer offers boating or fishing. In fact, they lack all water activities. And because Paul is much more optimistic than I am, he called it a detour (an hour and a half detour) to another reservoir.

This reservior worked much better. Water included. We even saw pelicans. A few hours later, we were burnt to a crisp and went home. It was a great day!

Just a question-Have you used the spray sun screen? I tried it, but obviously don't know how to properly apply it. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Missy! said...

We've used spray sunscreen - I prefer it for the kids, since it's easier to apply & I don't feel all oily after putting it on them. But I don't know that I have any helpful hints - did you reapply after an hour or two? I think you're supposed to do that with any type of sunscreen, but especially the spray. But I could be making that up....