Thursday, May 5, 2011

31 Days of May-Day 5 meets Scratch n'Sniff

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!


Something you should know about Paul and I-we like to celebrate holidays, country of origin does not matter!

We celebrate Cinco de Mayo the same way each year. Grilled carne asade with pico de gallo. So yummy and maybe authentic. This tradition started back in college.

A sidenote: You might look at this picture of Paul and think "are you in a developing nation?" No, that is just our shared patio. We live in a classy place.

Here's the Pico. So easy to make too. (I don't know what's going on with the spacing, sorry.)


diced tomato


diced onion


cilantro


lemon


garlic

salt

Mix it all together and refrigerate until ready to use.

Hope your Cinco de Mayo was just as exciting as ours!

4 comments:

Lyd Stew said...

OHHHHH--I'm feeling a BIG craving coming on. I SOOO want a bite! That looks fabulous! You guys are so fun! I made Mexican Wedding Cookies today and thought I was being pretty festive, but I think you win. :) Next time, just remember to share!

Jami said...

That does look good! I am enjoying your Days of May :)!!!

Kimberlee said...

I'm with you Emily...we celebrate every holiday no matter what it is. I sorta love holidays, alot!

Kristy said...

Mmmm! That looks so yummy! Emily I love the side note about your place, you crack me up! I also love how you celebrate every holiday, Dalan and I should try it!