Here's how to make it. In the crock pot place frozen chicken tenderloins and smother in Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Cook on high for 2.5 hours. Shred chicken and turn crock pot to low. Put more Sweet Baby Ray's on if chicken looks like it might dry out. While the shredded chicken simmers in the sweetness, cut romaine lettuce, dice tomatoes, cut up an avocado, slice some cucumber, drain and rinse a can of black beans and corn (fresh would have been better, but I use what I have). Layer salad and vegetables on a plate and top with BBQ Chicken. You don't even need salad dressing (it would only add calories anyway)! Eat! Maybe this doesn't sound good to you, but it was delicious and took about 30 minutes of actually doing anything in the kitchen. Now you have a spring inspired salad to make for dinner.
Saturday, May 14, 2011
31 Days of May-Day 14 meets Scratch n'Sniff
I have been in a major cooking funk lately. I can't think of anything to make for dinner and when I do it is a salad. It must be the time of year. Doesn't salad just go with spring? The big problem with salad is it usually doesn't satisfy the belly for long and then I am in the kitchen finding something else to eat about an hour later. Don't get me wrong-ice cream cones also go with spring. So here is the debut of BBQ Chicken Salad-a salad that will make your tummy and husband happy. This salad is loosely based off one I had at The Cheesecake Factory so I guess I can't take full credit for being awesome.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment