Saturday, May 21, 2011

31 Days of May-Day 21

Most Saturdays we have grand plans. Somewhere to go or something to do. Today was different than normal Saturdays-NO PLANS! I am the only one who thinks a Saturday without plans is intimidating? We found enough to keep us busy though.
Early in the morning we went to all four yard sales in Syracuse. It was beautiful outside so we walked to them. I think most of the yard sales here are ongoing, meaning there is just a bunch of junk that the owners decide to sell every Saturday morning. But I did get a good find.Check out this 'vintage' plate shelf I found for $1. It has been sitting in our apartment all day, I even tripped over it and when I went to take a picture of it Paul finally asked me what it is. He thought it was a feeding trough for miniature cows. He's funny.

After some intense shopping at Dollar General, Paul washed the car. Every time he washes the car it rains leaving dust all over it again. We need the rain so...at least was clean today!

The rest of the day was spent grocery shopping, anticipating the opening of the Sno Shack-not until Monday though, and playing Wheelers and Dealers-I won! Then we grilled hot dogs and stuffed jalapenos. After dinner we spent two hours trying to roast marshmallows. The coals had pretty much died, but we succeeded in the end. Now it's time for Saturday night movie.

No comments: