Something was really odorous in my kitchen/dining room area. We couldn’t figure it out. The potatoes weren’t spoiling. The onions were still fresh. The garbage can was clean. The garbage disposal was fine. All day Sunday we tried to figure out what was stinking so bad. The rug, although a little stained, was not permeating with stench. The chair cushions only smelt like dust. All of the washcloths were in the laundry room. Ahh! It was horrible. What was it? Every time we sat at the table it grew worse. Was something dead in the attic or crawl space? What about the air vents? After a day of trying to figure it out, Paul found the stinking problem and I take full responsibility for it, I hate to admit that. Saturday night I “watered” a house plant with some old milk. I once read that plants like other things besides water so I thought I would try it out. Never again. It was nasty. The milk was curdled under the plant container in the basket. The poor plants soil was so stinky too. I cleaned out the basket and ran lots of water through the plant to freshen it up a bit. I don’t know if it will survive. It is still a little stinky. I will definitely not “water” a plant with milk ever again.
On a totally different note. I have been watching Downton Abbey Season 3. So good. I took an online quiz to see what character I would be in Downton Abbey. Any guesses? The Dowager Countess. Hmmm. At least it wasn’t Mrs. O’Brien! Looking forward to next weeks episode. I wonder if I ordered the DVDs they would get here before the end of the airing season? I could stand to watch nine or more straight hours of Downton Abbey in a row. Love it!
2 comments:
Oh gross! Rotten milk is the worst smell.
You're supposed to give your plants something other than water?! Who knew? Turns out I have been a minimalist of a plant owner all these years. My poor deprivied plants.
Post a Comment