Thursday, January 10, 2013

A warm day

It was sunny and warm yesterday.  And there wasn’t much wind!  A perfect day to go outside and enjoy the fresh air.  We have been cooped up in the house the last week because it has been cold, really cold.  School was canceled.  Do you know how cold it has to be for school to be canceled?  -20.  It was –21.  You can shiver for me.

We spent nearly two hours outside.  Theo rode in his sled while I pulled him around the yard in the fluffy snow.  I was surprised it was still fluffy.  Then we took down the Christmas lights.  Well, Theo sat in his sled and I took down the lights.  Sometimes he would tip over and I would sit him up again.  I am sure the neighbors appreciated that it was a nice day.  I was seriously considering leaving the Christmas lights up until May because it was too cold to take them down.  We also went on a walk around town.  It was wonderful!  It felt great!  I am almost prepared to make it through the next snow storm and below freezing temperatures.  Almost.

1 comment:

The Aikele's said...

That is freezing...Brings back memories of living in Wyoming. Glad you had a warmer day to get out!