Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I walked outside this morning and the first thing I saw was this lovely bunch of four leaf clovers. What a lucky day!
What do you do to celebrate St. Patty's Day?
While we are not Irish or claim to know any leprechauns, I like to celebrate the day anyways. Last year I went to the Twin Falls St. Patty's Day Parade and had corned beef and cabbage at my grandma's house. I guess there just aren't as many Irish people here-no parade and due to lack of motivation, I didn't get my brisket and let it soak for two weeks to make a perfect corned beef and I didn't even get any cabbage. Instead, for dinner tonight, we had a green meal. Green plates, green goblets, green peas, green olives, green salad with green toppings like green onions and celery, pickles, pistachio pudding and jalapeno lime chicken. Oh yeah, and green kool-aid. I honestly just looked in the cupboards and fridge this morning and pulled out all the stuff that's supposed to be green. Here's to a day of luck!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

You are so cute! We did absolutely nothing for St. Patricks day. Maybe we'll try it out next year. :)

jmelgan said...

Very cute! This year I forgot until the day was almost past and I am Irish!