Paul was in the bedroom and I was in the living room sitting around Sunday night when all of a sudden the house started to shake. I ran into the bedroom to see if Paul felt the rumble. He did. And then it happened again. I thought our furnace was exploding or the house was settling into the crawl space. Paul looked outside, but there was nothing there. I was having a minor heart attack. It turns out it was just an earthquake. First a 4.2 and then a 3.8 with the center near Lava. I have been in earthquakes before, but this one totally shocked me. Who expects an earthquake in Grace? Not me. But we are alive and nothing was damaged. These types of quakes happen like 100,000 times a year, according to the Idaho Statesman. No big deal.
On a less end of the world note, my bulbs are coming up and blossoming. It makes me incredibly happy and the smell is intoxicating. I love spring.
1 comment:
what?! I can't believe there are so many earthquakes in Idaho. I'm glad it was no big deal
Post a Comment