Monday, November 12, 2012

All because of caramel apples-A Halloween Party

2012-11-12

I invited a friend over to make caramel apples one afternoon.  My grandma sent up a box of beautiful green apples and after a failed attempt creating delicious caramel apples at mutual, I had to try the recipe one more time.  I don’t know if I should have.  It turned out my candy thermometer was twenty degrees off resulting in a solid mass of caramel on the apples the first time I made it.  The second time though, with two thermometers.  Delicious-a pinterest winner!  After my friend and I made them and ate them.  I was inspired to make more caramel apples to share with the whole world!  I backed down a bit and decided to invite a few girls in my ward over for a ghoulish lunch. We ate bones, caramelized witch fingers, mummy guts, spider eggs and so many more haunted treats.  We played a few games and had a spooky time!

p.s.  thank you pinterest for your lovely pins.  This is where I found the recipe.  You have to make the Apple Pie Caramel Apples.  Sooooo good.

No comments: