Theodore had his first plane ride. My oldest sister, Shannon, recently moved to Chicago. Her husband got a job over there and while I am thankful for his job, I miss my sister! So my mom, Sara, Theo and I packed our bags and went to see them.
We mainly went to meet this beautiful girl! Maegan is absolutely adorable.
Sara and I did some sight seeing in Downtown Chicago. We went to The Art Institute of Chicago.
And saw famous paintings. Monet, Georgia O'Keeffe, van Gogh, Picasso. We felt extremely cultured, almost too cultured.
So we went to Al’s and had Chicago style hot dogs and Italian Beef.
On Halloween we went Trick-or-Treating around my sister’s neighborhood. My nephews were the Mad Hatter and a Hot Dog. The Hot Dog thought his costume was hilarious and wanted everyone to say so. When someone finally did, he was embarrassed. Little kids.
We went to the Robert McCormick Cantigny Park where they give you tours of the mansion.
We also went shopping, watched Downton Abbey, ate deep dish pizza, went to Maegan’s blessing and celebrated my birthday. It was wonderful to spend a week with my mom and sisters.
1 comment:
sounds like a great vacation! happy late birthday
Post a Comment