Monday, May 7, 2012

I’m Gonna Do It

What?  A 5k. 

I am not a runner.  So why do I want to run?  I think it is more for the challenge of doing something that I can’t do/am not very good at.  Two summers ago, my sister and I decided to run a 5k.  We prepared all summer just to find out the 5k we were going to run was a different day than we thought.  No worries.  I still felt successful because I went from not being able to run a block to running three miles in a three months.  Then it was winter and then I was pregnant and now it’s not winter and I am not pregnant, so I am going to run a 5k and make the race this time! 

It really helped to have the motivation of running with someone the last time I did this.  Don’t believe me?  It has taken me over a month to motivate myself to print out the workout.  I am going to use my blog as motivation to run and keep on track (haha-no pun intended).  I am following the Couch to 5K workout schedule.  It is only three days a week and doable.  I know!  If you are inspired to join in, let me know.

Now if the weather would cooperate for the next few months.

1 comment:

Missy! said...

way to go! I will be looking forward to see how you do.