Week 1-I was so pumped and ready to run! Hahaha. This week consisted of a five minute warm up speed walk and then alternating between sixty seconds of jogging and ninety seconds of walking for a total of twenty minutes. The first day I had a route planned out. I finished the routine about a mile from home. Let me tell you how NOT fun it is to walk a mile home after you run. I am definitely out of shape in the running department. There was a side ache for a day and a half and shin splints. The next time I ran I went ten minutes and turned around so I would end up closer to home. By the third time running, I felt pretty good. I have to say it was due to running completely on side walks and nicely paved roads and also running at 4,000 feet in Twin Falls instead of 6,000 feet. Who knew elevation makes such a huge impact?
Week 2-This week consisted of running for ninety seconds and then walking for two minutes alternating for 20 minutes. All I can say about week 2 is that I did it. I ran a little bit farther each day and found asparagus growing by the canal. I don’t run very fast. I have been really sore. Maybe gardening, pulling weeds and running in the same day don’t compliment each other.
My goal for week 3 is to be less sore. I am drinking more water and decided to do Pilates on the days I don’t run to help me stretch out. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment