a week late or on time for next year!
Cost: $0 (at some point it costed someone money, but here's how I did it)
I made these blocks last year when we were at my parents. Into my dad's wood pile I found some 2 x 6 boards and cut them to size (or had my dad cut them to size). Next step, spray paint wood-I used a can of spray paint in my dad's shop. Then I used scrapbook paper, the cricut and ribbon to decorate. My sister made a cute set of smaller blocks out of 2 x 4 scraps.
So easy, cute and a fun way to decorate!
Recently, I made a trip back to civilization and stopped at Michael's (multiple times) to see the new and cute crafty stuff. This idea instantly caught my eye. They had heart wreaths and garlands covered in Valentine's fabric. I didn't look at the cost, but figured I could make it, tailored to my own specifications. Plus, I only had one suitcase and limited space to return home.
Cost: $5 for fabric (or you can use up scraps!)
This is how I made it. I had my super, strong husband form a wire hanger into a heart. Next I went to my favorite, local quilt store (I work there) and bought 8 different fabrics ranging from pink to red to white and in-betweens. I bought 5 inches of each fabric-which is more than $5, but I didn't use the whole 42 inches in length. I cut 18, 1 x 5 inch strips of all the fabrics and then started tying them on the hanger. I started by doing a simple knot, but wanted the fabric to stick up more, so I used a loop-knot around the wire hanger. I think that's what you would call it. I folded the fabric in half, put the hanger over the fabric, then pulled the two loose ends through the loop. The best part about this project is that it took two hours to do everything.
Total cost: $15-$20
I'm excited to make one of these for every holiday!
Happy Crafting!
1 comment:
those are great valentine's crafts - I like the rickrack on the table runner, and the love blocks are super cute!
Post a Comment