Monday, June 22, 2009

What we've been up to

I have been neglecting putting up pictures because our internet connection is lousy. It takes over five minutes for each picture to load, if it does. Since I am feeling a little more patience today I am going to give it a try!


Paul and I have been having some good times this summer. We recently found out that we are Scottish, will probably never buy a watermelon again, and have enjoyed eating a lot of Jelly Belly's. Also, we are season pass holders to Six Flags!!!!!!


I was really excited to try out our first watermelon of the season and cut it open to find this! I don't know if a rodent was living inside of this or what. I cut it open and was so disgusted when I saw the inside, it was oozing watermelon.

We took a tour of the Jelly Belly Factory in Pleasant Prarie, Wisconsin. They take you on a train ride around the factory telling you about the history of and how Jelly Belly's are made. It was complete with a free bag of Jelly Belly's. Oh yeah! We got to wear these cool hats on the train ride.


Last weekend we went to the Scottish Highland Festival. We had a good time listening to bag-pipes, seeing lots of kilts, and being called a wench!
I saw these two guys and couldn't stop laughing. We decided they were hired actors, but if they weren't I am afraid that some people take their heritage a little bit too seriously!
I definately choose Paul over the drunk guy. The best part of the Festival was watching the Caber toss. These huge guys threw 19 foot posts end over end. It was really awesome to see.

That is a little bit of our life for now. This week I am headed to my sister's house in New York and am very excited to enjoy the beautiful Adirondacks.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Ah, looks like you two are having lots of fun! That's too bad about your watermelon though. It must have been really over ripe. You can tell if it sounds really hallow when you slap it with you hand. Sorry, I was just born in Hermiston Oregon, where they're only really known for the watermelons they grow there. Please don't give up on them...they're so good :)

Keri said...

I love the picture of you being hugged(abducted). Your face made me laugh! Don't give up on Watermelons. What would you eat on the 4th?

Keri said...

What's with the lack of updates! We are moving this Friday and Saturday. Why don't you come to Twin on Saturday and help us move in? It isn't that long of a drive :)