Monday, January 26, 2009

What a day!

Do you ever have those days when it would be better just to stay in bed? That was how my day went. It started this morning when I was dreaming of everything I was going to get done when my alarm went off at 6:00 am. I was going to have time to eat breakfast, make Paul and I lunch, and get everything ready to go. In the middle of my planning Paul said, "Emily it is 6:58." WHAT! I couldn't believe, I knew I didn't sleep through my alarm, I set it. I looked over at it and the battery died. So that was the beginning. I have class at 7:30 so I had to hurry out the door. But...it was frozen stuck! The door was frozen. Fortunately we have a sliding door, otherwise I would have gone back to bed. Even with speed walking on ice, I was late for class. After that, I checked the weather and it was -12. No wonder I was freezing on my way to class, even with long johns. The rest of the day went on as usual, I only spilt someone's coffee on my sweater and walked in water with only my socks in the locker room. I think I am going to just relax tonight.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I think you should have said "unfortunately" we have a sliding glass door... and you should have gone back to sleep,... these cold days are worthless!!

Jenni said...

That was quite the day. I hope today went much better for you.