Saturday, June 15, 2013

Friday Night

What do you do on Friday nights?  Paul and I tried something new out.  A trip to the ER.  I don’t recommend it. Well, it might not be so bad if you don’t have half of your pinky falling off with blood dripping everywhere.

photo

I am sure you are wondering what happened.  This is it. I was coming into the house from the garage and closed me pinky in the door.  I don’t know how it happened, it just did.  Then I started screaming, Paul came running, Theo looked at me very concerned.  Let me tell you how thankful I am Paul is almost an EMT.  He sat me down in the chair and went to get stuff for my finger.  Then he wrapped my finger up, took Theo to the neighbors and took me to Soda.  He drove like 90.  Then they fixed my poor pinky.  An x-ray showed that it was completely broken about where my nail grows out.  My finger nail was completely pulled out so the doctor removed it and put in our stitches and wrapped it up with a finger guard.  My finger should be healed in six weeks and the nail should grow back in 3 to 5 months.  It is nasty and hurts real bad.  You use your pinky for more than you think.  I keep telling myself how glad I am it’s not going to be a nub.

On a much happier and less painful note, we just got back from a wonderful road trip through California.  Pictures coming soon.

2 comments:

The Aikele's said...

Oh my goodness! How painful!! I hope it heals quickly. Lily saw this pic and covered her mouth, gasped "Oh no! It turned blue and green!"

Jenni Evans said...

OUCH!
Good thing Paul knows what he's doing.