This is what I look like. Gross! You can laugh if you want. I would like to, but it hurts. I can't even smile. Don't worry that my cheek is the size of a softball and you can't really tell in this picture, but my cheek is bruised. The strange thing is, my right cheek doesn't even hurt-at all.On the bright side of things, when you put wisdom teeth on the counter poinsettas appear. Not just one, but two beautiful poinsettas.
Thursday, December 15, 2011
That was a BAD idea
Sometimes as a responsible adult I do things like go to the dentist. And since it had been a while (more than six months) that is what I did. A few years ago I had my bottom wisdom teeth removed. It was horrible. Recently, one of my top wisdom teeth has been coming in. I knew this and I figured the dentist would want to remove it because that is what they do. So if he is going to remove one he might as well get the other one and fill the one cavity that I had too. That was fine with me. This is where I lacked judgment and my BAD idea came. The receptionist said they had an opening that afternoon. PERFECT! I didn't have any plans. Paul reminded me how bad it was the last time I had wisdom teeth removed. I almost fainted and got really sick from the oxycontin. In my sleep deprived condition (I haven't had a full night of uniterupted sleep for almost a year) I told Paul I would be fine and besides the dentist said the top teeth aren't as bad as the bottom teeth. I was so wrong. After sitting in the dentist chair for over an hour and six shots later trying to get the tooth out that hadn't emerged yet, I decided it was a BAD idea to have my teeth removed. I did have some good ideas for someone to invent: instead of having the little tools make grindy noises they should sound like the ocean and there should be someway to turn tastebuds off. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So sorry Emily! I understand how you feel. I had 4 wisdom teeth AND 4 other teeth taken out at the same time. I can't believe they didn't just put you out. I would offer to help babysit but Alex has a really bad stomach flu.
That was awful nice of the tooth fairy to deliver a poinsettia for each tooth!
On the bright side, you can only eat soft things like sugar cookies and fudge!
Oh my OUCH! Hope you are feeling yourself again.
Post a Comment