That is my question for the day. What should I do with my junk (that is really actually very nice)? I have already made the decision to get rid of stuff. This was decided early in the morning when lying in bed. I don't want to pack it around anymore.
A few things I removed from my cupboards minus the canisters, they are staying. As you can tell very nice, and of course, if I sold it at a yard sale excellent-low prices would only be accepted.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both yard sale-ing or second hand-ing.
Yard Sale Advatages: Monetary gain, I don't have to haul it away.
Disadvantages: Planning, weather, moving everything to the front, sloped yard.Second hand advantages: Instantly gone (except getting it there), helping someone else in need, tax write-off?
Disadvantages: Getting it to the location, no monetary gain.
What should I do????
By the way, there is more than just kitchen stuff, I am talking about book shelves and other large items, so it would be worth the effort if someone came to the yard sale.
2 comments:
You could put the items on craigs list if you didn't want to do a yard sale.
If you do decide to have a yard sale just keep your prices simple so you don't have to mark anything. Like all kitchen items a dollar, clothes .50 cents and books .25 cents. Price stuff to sell if you plan on donating it anyway. Then all you have to do is put the things you want to sell in boxes. Then when yard sale day comes just haul it outside. Then just print a paper in big letters with the prices. Whatever doesn't sell haul it off to goodwill.
Post a Comment