Sunday, May 24, 2009

A long awaited journey

This is it! The time has finally come. For what? You might be wondering. Well, let me tell you. We are going to Chicago! Paul has an internship for the summer at a company called Hoogwegt (Hogwart's) doing data analysis and data entry. We found out Thursday afternoon and life since then has been a little crazy. The internship isn't in Chicago city limits. It is north of Chicago about 40 miles in a suburb called Libertyville. This is a relief because I don't know if I could live IN Chicago.

In preparation to leave tomorrow, we have been packing boxes and bags. Our lease ends the end of July and because we won't be here then, we are doing the dirty work now. I am always amazed at how much stuff we have! It is good that we are always moving so I can keep in check with what we have. However, since packing, I haven't been amazed to find that lost treasure, so I guess I don't have too much. We are putting our stuff in a storage unit and taking clothing, a little bit of entertainment, and kitchen supplies with us. We rented a studio apartment in Mundelein for the summer.

We are leaving town tomorrow and making a trip of it. We will drive to Twin Falls, then across Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, to Nauvoo, and then to Chicago. In Rawlins, Wyoming there is the Old State Penetentry that I have wanted Paul to check out. It is freaky and will make you pee your pants. As for the other states, we don't know what there is but will stop to see anything exciting. Any suggestions will be helpful! We are excited for this summer and the adventures ahead of us! We'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

WAHOO! That puts you closer to me!

Kellie said...

Have fun this summer, are you planning on coming to girls week? The Grand Canyon is about two hours away from St. George, it is totally worth the trip. I saw your blog about autism, a disorder that hits close to home. Ashlyn has PDD-NOS. I have done tons of research on the subject and also work with all different types of children who have ASD.

Keri said...

We are really going to miss you guys. You should move to Twin Falls! Thanks for the food!

Jennifer V said...

Well, holy toledo! That's a surprise! What a great adventure! I hope you have a blast and take advantage of being back East and go sight seeing! Have fun!